Q:How is university going?
It’s been cool so far! I have three classes that I am in love with [[Photography, Media and Creative Processes]] and two that I’m very ‘meh’ on [[Art History and English]]. Everyone’s been outrageously nice - I haven’t bumped into a single person that I haven’t liked so far [[except that homeless guy that yelled at me on Friday while I was wandering around downtown]].
As far as the city goes: Vancouver is as amazing as I’ve heard. The trees are huge, the mountains are a gorgeous and constant backdrop [[and conveniently always point me north]]. I’m just not a big city kind of guy, though. Lots of people. People everywhere. Bluh.
Overall, I’d give it a solid B+. Far better than Waterloo, would recommend to a friend.
To Do Today:
Drugs, Crime, & Society - chapter 1, quiz 1, discussion one
- email GWU veterans affairs dept
- email GWU grad fellowships office
- run/ strength training
- Diagnostic GRE practice test
- Find Stafford recruiter
To Do Today:
I may have over packed, but damn am I handsome. #Vancouver
oh my god, pat. i brought less stuff to Virginia and I DROVE.
Please allow me to respond with these three points:
1. Two of those suitcases were for my parents.
2. Most of the other cart is my computer stuff.
3. SHUT UP. I’M UNFOLLOWING YOU.
tagged by tiocfaidharlulz:
You can tell a lot about someone by the music they listen to. Hit shuffle on your iPod/iPhone/iTunes/media player and write down the first 10 songs. Then pass this onto 10 people.
- Love Songs on the Radio by Mojave…
I actually already this before but I’ll use my Rhapsody app on my phone for this (don’t have all my songs on here tho and none of the Korean songs are on here):
- Giving Up the Gun - Vampire Weekend
- Roxanne - Sting
- Lifesize - A Fine Frenzy
- Don’t Kick the Chair feat. Kid Cudi - Dia Frampton
- Whole Wide World - Mindy Gledhill
- La La La feat. Sam Smith - Naughty Boy
- I Find It Hard To Say (Rebel) - Lauryn Hill
- Terrible Love - Birdy
- La Vie En Rose - Louis Armstrong
- Sticks and Stones - The Pierces
Oh man I’m doing this because I know for sure this will be weird and something embarrassing I don’t even know I have will pop up
- À deux cuartes! -Bizet (from Carmen)
- Stuck On You - Elvis Presley
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree - Amy Grand (there it is!)
- Variations in D on an original theme, Op. 76 - Beethoven
- Aventures - Ligeti
- Disconnected - Keane
- Symphony No. 36 in C: Adagio - Mozart
- Beatiful, Dirty, Rich - Lady Gaga (thanks, timinator232)
- Deuxieme Acte, No 12c: Danse des baronnesses - Tchaikovsky (from The Sleeping Beauty)
- Gonna Fly Now - Indiana University Marching Band
"Indiana University Marching Band". You’re effing wonderful. xD
- Reach - Andrew Belle [[shadesofsky should be proud of me for that one]]
- Almost Crimes - Broken Social Scene
- Apologize - Silverstein
- Feeling Good - Michael Bublé
- The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret - Queens of the Stone Age
- Carpathia - Taking Back Sunday
- Heavy in Your Arms - Florence + the Machine
- Mary - Noah & The Whale
- Awake My Soul - Mumford & Sons
- Three Pistols - The Tragically Hip
I have two things to say about this list: 1- Almost half are Canadian! This pleases me. 2 - Title case is stupid and I hate it. Just to be clear - “Your” should be capitalized? I think?
This is the actual photo that Wikipedia uses on Ethan Hawke’s article.
Sometimes the world is a wonderful place. :D
VidCon adventures! I’ll be getting around to my recap video later this week, but
Carrie’s Carey’s excellent one ought to tide you over ‘til Thursday.